Founded in the year 1100 as a military watchtower, in a strategic point overlooking the valley of the river Pesa, this beautiful property has been of fundamental importance in numerous battles between Florence and Siena.
In the following centuries it was enlarged and converted into a convent of nuns. It has hosted various personalities from the Italian Renaissance, including Leonardo da Vinci.
It was purchased in the seventeenth century by the noble Florentine family of the Princes Corsini, which later converted it into a farm.
In 1983, it was purchased by the present owners, who, after a long and meticulous restoration, has converted into a house and atelier.
Even today we can appreciate: the old porch, the well built in the early 1400s, the 1500s oven, the stylish interior arches, an imposing oak wine press that was used to produce oil.
This impressive building has an area of about 1250 square meters (37 rooms), of which about 886 square meters (27 rooms) were carefully and meticulously restored. On the ground floor there are: large entrance hall, office, living room with fireplace, bathroom, dining room with fireplace, kitchen, 2 cellars, wine cellar, large terrace with a well and a wood oven, a room to restore and the covered terrace with spectacular views over hills and olive groves; Complete this floor three large rooms that make up the studio of the owner;
The first floor has a living room, bathroom, 4 bedrooms of which one has access to a splendid panoramic loggia, three rooms to be restored and a compartment which is also to be put back with the predispositions necessary for another bathroom.
Adjacent to the main part of the building, is a beautiful apartment comprises entrance hall, large living room with fireplace, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, loft with bedroom, and a tower room with stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Approximately 10,000 square meters of private land with about 150 olive trees surround this grand and important property that is 19 km from Florence, about 4 km (of which 500 is made up of gravel road) from San Casciano Val di Pesa with services and shops.